Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

I had a great weekend.  Friday was my 36th birthday, and Aaron and I went out to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, baby carrots, and the sweetest tartest lemonade. YUM!  On the way home we stopped and bought the cutest little mini Birthday cake :)


My Birthday wish was the most important wish I have ever made.  I wished for our little girl to be healthy. I wished my age won't be the cause of any abnormalities she could have.  I wished for our next ultrasound to show that her cysts on her brain are completely gone, and she is perfectly fine.

We went out for dinner again on Saturday night with a couple friends and their adorable little daughter, Kayla.  I think she is 4 or 5 years old.  When we all got there, Kayla was looking around with big eyes, and a small little mouth; standing close to her Mommy aww :)  She's shy.  As we were waiting for our table, she was sitting on her mom's lap swinging her feet.  Aaron moved his shin over to her feet so she would kick him.  He said, "Oww!"  And she started laughing.  Next thing you know, they were poking eachother and playing around.  Her smile was so big, so full of giggles and laughing eyes.  Aaron has this knack for making even the shyest of kids warm up to him and I LOVE watching this!  She had gotten so hyper she then started singing "the itsy bitsy spider when up the water spout"  and her little hands were crawling up Aaron's sleeve.  Aaron played along so well I was cracking up!  He quickly brushed off those imaginary spiders and Kayla was laughing her head off!  He is going to be such a wonderful and FUN Daddy.  I am so so lucky to have him.  When we were finally seated, Kayla said, "Mommy I want to sit next to him."  Lol!  He is just so great with kids.

Baby girl is moving around like crazy.  It's fun to feel her kicking.  I feel like I'm getting to know her better by her motions.  I now weigh about 130 which is great!  I'm about 5 pounds over my normal pre-pregnancy weight!  I still feel pretty good, and I have a fair amount of energy.  Aaron went out to the store right now to get strawberries and bananas because I really REALLY want a strawberry banana smoothie! :)  And he had just gotten home from the dentist after having a tooth pulled!  But he still went out to get strawberries and bananas.  Did I mention how lucky I am? ♥

My Fitness and Wellness class is going really well.  Last week we had to do a cardio workout to a fitness DVD.  I kept up with the guy on the DVD, and I noticed there were a couple younger girls in the back of the class just standing there; barely moving.  They had to be in their early 20's or younger.  I felt proud of myself working so hard, being pregnant, and 36 years old! :)  After the workout, our instructor said, "I noticed and appreciate the ones that gave their all. Thank you."  She wasn't happy about the younger girls who could have participated much more than they did.  After class she asked me if the workout was ok for me.  I told her it was.  I'm glad she is noticing how important it is to me to do well in this class, and that I'm up for the challenge despite my age, my asthma, and my pregnancy.   My legs were SO SORE for 3 full days afterwards, but now I feel pretty good :)

20 weeks belly pic!




Video of baby girl's progress!





1 comment:

  1. I am just now reading about cysts on baby brain. God will make things right. I will pray for her. You look amazing and such a glow you have! :-) Glad you had an amazing birthday!!! Yes Aaron does seem to do very very well with children. You both are very lucky to have each other!! Glad you are eating healthy and taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete